Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm sick of this shit.

So the woman has asked me a few times now if I'm getting bored, to which I truthfully answer each time that "there is no boredom here, and provided we remain financially stable, I could notwork the rest of my days retaining this relative sense of well-being," and I mean it. I always hated working, but there are a lot of other things in life I hate doing and have long since resigned myself that many unpleasant things are absolutely necessary. I don't like doing the dishes, but really, what is the alternative? Much worse. I don't like working either, but really, what is the alternative? Much worse. I want to work. Badly. So do many others. Badly. Yet we have nothing.

Which is to say: this got stupid a long time ago. The idiot fucktards in charge of the purse strings screwed the pooch far too long ago and we haven't even begun to truly deal with this shit on any sort of primal level let alone said fucktards having to see what really happens when they reap what hath been sown. Starting a few weeks back I continue to read headlines that claim The Worst Is Over and things will Return To Normal Soon, yet I cannot find one solitary indicator that points even remotely toward either direction. Until I see serious action, and by serious I speak of nothing short of abhorrent violence on a massive scale whether it be from top-down retaliation to bottom-up rage or any paired response inbetween, I don't fucking buy it. All the corporate dickspents continue to suck dry what little remains of the 99% of the wallets of the land, and unfortunately nobody has risen up in large enough quantity to stop those shenanigans, so that when the bill finally comes due anybody truly deserving the pending tidal wave will have long since moved to the Cayman Islands, living out their days complaining about That Failed America, blaming unions or Democrats or something equally sinister.

Nobody cares about us, and by us I mean damn near everyone in the world. Even during "good times" our lot was continuously duped into believing that a positive lifestyle was retained provided one could trade in one debt vehicle for the next every other year, spending the majority of our meager incomes on a basic roof over one's head for the overwhelming majority of their adult so-called life. If this was the Old West (which is to say, honest justice, at least in terms of Proper Spade Calling), the fucks responsible would have been strung up in front of town a long time ago. They have not. They will not. They remain protected, forever it shall be. We've been bent over our entire existence, told that it feels good so much that we started to believe it. Did the truth come too late? Maybe.

Anyhow, since I don't really know where the hell I'm going with this, especially since I've recently become much more optimistic about All Of Humanity and How We'll Survive because the economy is just a bunch of made up numbers that don't honestly mean anything and I do believe that simplified lifestyles catered to a form of muddling through this mess really won't be so terrible provided we regain just a little more of a sense of community, combined with the fact that I'm getting god damn tired at 3am, here are two improvisation works that I wish I could get paid minimum wage to create:

AGAS - Six Mile Sky
AGAS - Alchemy for Unbelievers

No comments: